Following the decommissioning decision for the Philippsburg nuclear power plant, the operator EnBW Kernkraft GmbH decided to dismantle the nuclear power plant after decommissioning. The dismantling of the Philippsburg nuclear power plant began after the dismantling permit was granted in 2017.
Among other things, BIG was commissioned to support the safety-related monitoring of dismantling work at the Philippsburg nuclear power plant.
Client: EnBW Kernkraft GmbH
Total project duration: Total project duration: ongoing since 2016
Area size: approx. 9 ha
BIG's share of benefits:
- Support of the planning work for the dismantling with regard to relevant aspects of occupational safety
- Plausibility check and, if necessary, adaptation of risk assessments for workplaces in the area of the dismantling work as well as in their direct vicinity.
- Monitoring of the work in the dismantling of KKP 1 with regard to compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Consultation/information of the safety specialist of KKP 1 on all questions of occupational safety
- Analysis of occupational accidents / "near misses
- Safety coordination according to TRGS 524 / DGUV R 101-004 for work in contaminated areas
- Layer reinforcement in deconstruction according to requirements
- Release of work orders within the framework of the work release procedure