The derelict site of the former P.D. Rasspe Söhne cutlery factory was acquired in 2015 by Wirtschaftsförderung Solingen GmbH & Co. KG to develop it as a new business location. Some of the buildings date back to the beginning of the 20th century and are contaminated with pollutants due to the building materials used at the time and their industrial use.
As part of the project development, extensive work has been and will be planned by BIG on an area of approx. 7.0 ha on the way from industrial wasteland to commercial site. Among other things, a reprofiling of the site with processed construction waste (approx. 20,000 m³) and site-own material (approx. 30,000 m³) will be necessary for the subsequent use.
Client: Association for Land Recycling and Remediation of Contaminated Sites (AAV)
Total project duration: 2015 until 2020
Total project costs: approx. € 6 million
Area size: approx. 7 ha
BIG's share of benefits:
- Determination of the basis for the overall project (historical research), participation in the definition of project goals, participation in approval procedures
- Participation in the procurement of site-relevant documents, including clarification of site issues and property assessment with regard to use in terms of private and public law.
- Preparation of a binding remediation plan pursuant to § 13 para. 6 BBodSchG, taking into account the more extensive requirements under planning law.
- Development of a deconstruction and disposal concept incl. implementation planning of deconstruction and remediation measures as well as estimation of the cost framework and preparation of demolition applications
- Participation in the preparation of the award and contract structure for the overall project, preparation of the award documents and participation in the award of engineering and execution services
- Expert monitoring of the pollutant investigation (soil and building pollutants), soil sampling in accordance with LAGA M20 and LAGA PN 98, sampling of the building fabric and investigation for building pollutants
- Creation of a building pollutant register
- Evaluation of the pollutant analysis including risk assessment and recommendation for action