An administration building for the Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein (IB.SH) is being constructed on the Kai-City Kiel site on construction fields V and VI. The planned building has a full basement and extends over several full storeys, so that individual supporting loads of approx. 14,000 kN occur. For this purpose, subsoil investigations were carried out in advance and a subsoil expertise was prepared.
Due to the historical use of the site, contamination was to be expected in the area of the backfills, for which an orienting assessment of contaminated sites was carried out. In view of the dewatering required during the construction period, as well as for water sampling and for any monitoring that may be required, groundwater monitoring wells were set up.
For the foundation of the halls, which cover an area of 10,000 m² and have a minimum height of 25 m for the crane hook, the operational building and the traffic areas, subsoil investigations as well as orienting environmental investigations of the land areas to be built on were necessary.
Client: Investitionsbank Schleswig-Holstein
Total project duration: 2017 until 2021
Total project costs: approx. € 90.5 million
Area size: approx. 5,800 m²
BIG's share of benefits:
- Review of existing documents (geotechnical status assessments)
- Subsoil investigation incl. detailed planning of the exploration programme, technical supervision of the exploration work and performance of soil mechanics laboratory tests
- Geotechnical report according to DIN 4020 (A7) incl. information on characteristic soil values and foundation recommendations incl. recommendations for construction (excavation shoring, water retention during construction, keeping the building dry).
- Development of a water conservation and water treatment concept and weekly reporting
- Environmental investigation (orienting investigation) incl. preparation of an investigation concept, technical support of the field work (e.g. installation of groundwater measuring points) and coordination with the environmental authority.
- Environmental engineering report for the orienting assessment of contaminated sites
- Development of a plan of measures in advance of the excavation work
- Preservation of evidence of neighbouring buildings, documentation of sewers and shafts
- Technical supervision of the construction project including documentation of the earthworks and waste declaration of the excavated material.
- Disposal management according to electronic waste verification procedures